Break the Silence
Break the Silence
Silence is comfortable and easy to choose. Silence doesn’t drown us in darkness. Yet, it poses a threat to the mental health of young people, and we need all our strength to obliterate it. Because what comes afterward is not simple. Rarely bright. Yet, it is where hope resides.
Conversations about feelings can be difficult. Yet, that is where hope resides.
More and more young people need tools to feel better. More importantly, they need someone who listens and understands. In vocal expressions of emotions – there is hope. Connecting and listening to young individuals can be challenging. Here are some tips along the way:
- Create a safe environment and use open questions starting with What, How, Who, and Why. Open questions are harder to answer with a simple yes or no.
- Listen actively and give attention by putting away the phone, nodding, and reflecting to demonstrate understanding.
- Emphasize that experiencing all types of emotions is normal and part of being human. Discuss the importance of breaking the stigma surrounding mental health.
- Avoid minimizing, dismissing or commenting too much.
- Share personal experiences to help the storyteller feel understood.
- Follow up on conversations, even the shortest or most challenging ones, to maintain an ongoing dialogue and support.
- If you receive no response at all, don’t give up—ask again, seek contact.
About our 9 basic emotions
There are 9 fundamental emotions that are considered biologic and universal. These play a crucial role for us as they serve significant functions. Here’s how they work.
Avicii Arena presents Break the Silence
Avicii Arena was launched in May 2021 as a unique collaboration between the Tim Bergling Foundation, Trygg-Hansa, BAUHAUS, and Stockholm Live. The purpose was to break the stigma surrounding and raise awareness about mental health issues among young people.
With “Break the Silence,” the initiators aim to continue focusing on the issue of young people’s mental health. The launch of the World’s Most Expensive Cap and the opening of the UNSLNT store are the first in a series of new activities within the initiative.
The world’s most expensive cap costs shame, joy, and fear
Now launching the cap that is paid for with the most valuable thing you have – your emotions. We want to empower young people to talk about their well-being and adults to have the courage to listen.
1000 limited editions, designed by ANJI, were released during the launch at the UNSLNT shop. The store will be open during upcoming events. An event ticket is required to enter the arena.
You pay for the cap by scanning a QR code and answering a few questions about your emotions, completely anonymously. Afterward, you receive a digital receipt, and a limited edition cap can be picked up.
ANJI X Break the Silence
ANJI is currently making waves with her debut single “Nycklar,” which was recently performed on shows like Bianca’s Talkshow. When ANJI designed the cap, she chose sound waves to symbolize audible expressions of emotions. The heart in the center is a healed heart, representing hope for the future.
For the mental health of young people
Two years ago, Sweden’s most iconic building became Avicii Arena. A unique collaboration between Trygg-Hansa, BAUHAUS, and the Tim Bergling Foundation, filled with initiatives that strengthen young people’s mental health and outlook on the future.